Hills Community Child Care Fire & Emergency Safety Information
• DEECD applies mandatory closures of the Hills Community Child Care on Code Red fire danger days only. So the Child Care and Olinda Primary School will be closed, and Child Care fees will remain payable.
• Hills Community Childcare will remain open and operational on all other scheduled days (Total Fire Ban, Extreme, Severe, Very High, High). Parents can opt not to send their children on these days, however fees remain payable and staff need to be informed of non-attendance please.
• DEECD has audited the fire safety plan for the Olinda Primary School and Hills Community Child Care.
• The Fire Safe Room at Olinda Primary School has been upgraded in 2012 and is deemed as one of the safest in the Dandenongs.
• The Olinda CFA regularly complete a six monthly inspection of the Fire Safe Room.
• Hills Community Child Care provide DEECD with a 35 page Emergency Management Plan that outlines all possible situations, procedures, and contacts to be followed should the need arise.
• The staff and committee are happy with the plans in place for HCCC fire measures and other emergency evacuations.
If parents have any queries about anything mentioned above the committee encourage you to get in contact and we will be glad to assist!